Legion of Honor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is going on?

3 posters

Go down

What is going on? Empty What is going on?

Post  speed Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:46 am

I am a new member . I like this Guild and 99% of the people I have meet in it. I was wondering why we dont Raid much. There is a Raid rift for every day and an expert. ?? So why are we not doing them. We all need better lessers for our sigals. Yesterday was nice . We did a few. That should happen every day. Just seems like we should be doing more than we are.. At least to me.

concerned Speed
speed
speed

Back to top Go down

What is going on? Empty Re: What is going on?

Post  Kreme Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:28 pm

hey speed! glad you're liking us so far. i'm fairly new myself, maybe a month or so. we usually do raid rifts several nights each week and raid W/F @8 server time. the past couple weeks we've been attempting GP (10 man) since we don't have the number of geared 50's we used to before the free server changes. prior to that, LoH was getting started in GSB (20 man): we took down duke and almost had johlen (17%). there is some talk amongst the officers now as to possibly transferring the guild to a more active shard. apparently, the gnarlwood population is dwindling because others continue to leave, and it is not a destination shard to transfer to.
Kreme
Kreme

Back to top Go down

Post  speed Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:56 am

OK, it seems like we have a problem still. Look; two Raid days passed and we did not have the members online to do GSB. something needs to be done. leadership needs to make a decision of some kind. We are falling behind Raid wise. The 3rd 20 man Raid is out and has been labeled some of the best Raid material ever. including WOW!! WE are not even close to doing the 1st 20 man .
What do we do?

1. Move to another server ?
2. Recruit better.. Look at what we have for raiders and recruit what we need.?
3. Begin a massive T1 - T2 gearing run for the members we have ? ( and stick to it)
4. Call a guild wide meeting on TS and get some input from members>>>?
5. find out who can show up and who WILL show up!!! ?
6. set up a schedule and stick with it.
7. Find out whats wrong!!!!!!!!

Look, these are just some ideas of mine. I don't mean to offend anyone. I just want to see the Guild progress.. Right now it is going nowhere. This is a level 14 Guild. Let us start acting like it.. Please

speed
speed

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreme Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:34 pm

speed wrote:1. Move to another server ?
2. Recruit better.. Look at what we have for raiders and recruit what we need.?
3. Begin a massive T1 - T2 gearing run for the members we have ? ( and stick to it)
4. Call a guild wide meeting on TS and get some input from members>>>?
5. find out who can show up and who WILL show up!!! ?
6. set up a schedule and stick with it.
7. Find out whats wrong!!!!!!!!
first, vocalizing one's opinion on these boards in an intelligent, constructive manner (as you have done), is never offensive. your concerns are valid and shared by others, including myself. in terms of progression, we are at a brick wall and something does need to happen if we expect to push forward.

as a new officer, here is my stance:
1. i'm not sure if this will address the root problem and be a good solution.
2. recruiting solid, reliable players would definitely be a plus.
3. this needs to happen 100%. members who desire to raid must be willing to put forth the effort required to be raid ready. with the ease of the cross shard LFG tool, there really is no excuse to not be running guild/PUG dungeons and gear up. people cannot realistically expect to have a raid spot in GSB or ROS wearing green/blue gear doing less than 500 DPS and/or not meeting the hit/focus raid requirements. as you have expressed, this is causing frustration in the dedicated core raiders in the guild.
4. this is a great idea.
5. see 6 below.
6. in my spare time, i've been working on setting up a PHP based raid scheduler. part of our problem is not knowing who is going to be available on raid days and having a different group composition each time (members as well as roles). to succeed, we need consistent attendance and strategies. however, even with a scheduler, this is no good if we are not capable of meeting raid requirements (see #3 above: not being able to meet DPS checks, not knowing raid encounter mechanics learned from doing dungeons, etc).
7. we will work on this.

and lastly, my pet peeve: everyone in the raid needs to be in teamspeak, mic or no mic. it takes 5 minutes to download and login and it makes it infinitely easier to coordinate a large group.

i'm glad to see you reading & using the forums, speed. it would be nice if more of our members followed your example.
Kreme
Kreme

Back to top Go down

Post  speed Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Maby if we had a real website..Not just a forum style. maby more will come. Build it and they will come !!..................
speed
speed

Back to top Go down

Post  todd6822 Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:09 am

Speed, We will raid. Two nights a week we are currently scheduled to raid. When we have enough geared and experienced people, both of those nights will be in GSB. Until then we may down the first boss in GSB on one of those nights and concentrate on GP for the rest of our allotted raid time or just concentrate on GP until the rest of the guild is ready for GSB. One night a week we are scheduled to do raid rifts, we have a tendency to run raid rifts any evening where we have enough people on that can run them. This tends to be often.

In regards to some of your other questions, we are not at this time considering moving to another server. Our server became a transfer destination server so we are experiencing an influx of players on Gnarlwood.

I also wish to apologize for the lack of organization over the last week. To put it simply, I was gone and there wasn't a clear chain of command in place during my absence. This obviously caused some problems and has been remedied. Speedman your input and concerns are valuable and will always be taken into consideration. In no way shape or form have you offended any of the officers and we have honestly been discussing the very same issues that you have brought up. If you have any input, don't hesitate to contact me in game. Thank you.
~Finius

todd6822

Back to top Go down

Post  speed Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:19 am

The roster shows over 100 level 50s... We should have two 20 man Raids. Question Remove members who do not come on line for a certain time. 30- 45 - 60 days ? I don't know what the policy is on this.
speed
speed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum