Legion of Honor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DKP- How we do it! And why you should love it!

5 posters

Go down

DKP- How we do it! And why you should love it! Empty DKP- How we do it! And why you should love it!

Post  C-like Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Now I know what your thinking DKP! What are we gonna do when some guy has 17bagillion DKP and can buy every single item that drops during a raid! In short that cannot happen we have devised a Progressive Zero Out system for our DKP.... WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? Well in short it means the following.

How do I get DKP?
Its Simple you get 1 DKP for being on time ready to go and in the raid party at the designated time..... 1 minute late and you miss out on that point Sad. All Bosses are worth 1 DKP... And last but certainly not least will be staying until the raid block is compleated this will also award 1 point.

Example... On time 1point... we down two bosses 2points... its 10:30 an additional 1point... so your total would be 4points... Earned.

What does "Zero Out" Mean?
Simply if you want an item you must bid all your points! no exceptions!

The MT Rule and how it effects you!
This is most likely the rule that causes the most "drama" amongst those who are non-guildys! In our guild we have two MT's Christlike - Rogue and Nineteen - Warrior.... Myself and Nineteen... WILL NOT GET DKP.... However we will have first dibs on all Tanking items of our particular class.... this is too speed up progression and in the long run means more items for everyone...on the other hand if your in the raid and role is a "51 Warden" you can roll on Justicar stuff or Shaman Stuff... so you will have the freedom to spend your points on what your want where as we will be limited to tank items only.

What if Two or More people have the same amount of DKP and want the same item?
In this situation which will happen a lot in the beginning a 1-100 roll will be used to determine who's bid will be the winning one. All others will not lose the DKP they bid only the winner!.

I want to see how much DKP I have can I do that?
Yes there is a DKP thread on in this forum with an up to the minute update of your DKP and where you stand!

C-like

Back to top Go down

DKP- How we do it! And why you should love it! Empty Re: DKP- How we do it! And why you should love it!

Post  Dairnee Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:39 am

hmmmm how about you and nineteen start getting DKP's once you have all the tanking gear soo you can gear up for alternate specs while we are not raiding.

Dairnee
Chief of Personnel

Back to top Go down

DKP- How we do it! And why you should love it! Empty Re: DKP- How we do it! And why you should love it!

Post  Elloric Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:52 pm

just a couple of questions and comments

Questions

have you considered using a suicide list? as it is basically the same functionality without the headache of tracking dkp or the issue of what to do if 2 members have the same dkp and bid on the same item. it is also slightly more casual friendly (very slightly)

who is eligible for the ontime and duration bonus dkp? if i show up on time to fill in and stay available for the whole raid can i get this dkp and if no why not?

comments

if you do decide to keep track of dkp i would seriously consider adding a progression bonus awarded to attempting new bosses not killed by us as in my experience the only time it's difficult to fill a raid is when multiple wipes on new content can be expected (which is odd to me as i think seeing the new bosses is way more entertaining than farming a raid)

just a personal preference i'm not a fan of rewarding raid members for fufilling the minimum expectations of a raid member if it were my choice i would garuntee raid slots until raid start time and if you don't make it someone on the wait list takes your spot. this also has the advantage of having the people on the wait list log on instead of just thinking to themselves eh never mind.

all just intended as constructive criticism feel free to disregard Razz

Elloric

Back to top Go down

Post  Elloric Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:58 pm

almost forgot

one quick question regarding main healers
as this positions is likely to bring us success or failure in an encounter is there any thought to giving them first dibs on especially good pieces of gear for their roles like the main tanks?

Elloric

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillane Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:38 pm

I did some raiding and was a raid leader for a while in the guild I was in on WoW. Some of the problems we had there is not doing the dkp. Instead we tried the honor system. If you signed up for a raid we expected and counted on you to be there and a lot of times people would sign up and then show up late or not show up at all. If they did show up they would leave half way through the raid, especially when they didn't get their way. I like having the dkp as it will help and get people to stick by what they say they are going to do. They will want those points. I also like the Progressive Zero Out system. It wouldn't be hard for someone to rebuild their points back up after spending them on something and it would also teach them to bid carefully on items that could actually benefit them.

I also agree that you and nineteen should get some dkp as well. Once we start raiding and getting more members and stuff like that I'm sure we will get other tanks as well. That way if you two have some dkp of something came up for an off-spec or an alt that you guys could use you could bid on it as well as the rest of us. I can understand wanting to get everyone some better gear but in a way it doesn't seem as fair if all you guys can take is just the tanking stuff.

Gillane
Gillane

Back to top Go down

Post  Strat Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:04 am

Thanks for the posts folks! Nineteen, Christlike, Aurem, and the other officers are still refining this and really appreciate your suggestions.

A couple things we are discussing:

1. We have a lot of healer so we probably will not designate "main" healers.

2.We seem to have a few main crafters who consistently give out crafted items for free or for mats to guild members. There are some insanely awesome recipes that drop in raids... We probably will take these out of the dkp system and reserve them for our guild crafters. In this way all LoH members benefit from their generosity.

Strat
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillane Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:06 am

I agree. Those crafters in the guild that give things to guild members free or for the mats should get the recipes instead of someone who doesn't contribute like that to the guild. It would also be a good way to give incentives to other members of the guild to contribute in order to get those recipes the next time around.

Gillane
Gillane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum